The MGCC serves many groups, businesses, agencies and people throughout Manitoba, and in other provinces, jurisdictions and countries. We work with charitable fundraising groups, restaurants and hotels, gaming industry employers, employees and suppliers, players, First Nations and
We also recognize the public's general interest in gaming activities and their impacts. Responsible for regulating and controlling gaming activities in Manitoba, the Commission Members and staff work to balance their legislated responsibilities with the sometimes divergent views on gambling in our society.
Neither pro nor anti-gambling, the MGCC strives to be gambling neutral while ensuring gambling activities offered in Manitoba are conducted honestly, with integrity and in the public interest.
With the aims of ensuring that gaming activities are conducted honestly, with integrity and in the public interest, the MGCC:
- licenses charitable gaming activities, including bingo, breakopen tickets, raffles, sports draft lotteries and Texas Hold’em poker tournaments for fundraising;
First Nations casino operators, Manitoba Lotteries Corporation and First Nations employees, gaming suppliers, gaming equipment, VLT siteholders and lottery retailers;
- investigates and makes orders related to gaming patron disputes;
- inspects and audits gaming activities;
- ensures all gaming activities and equipment have technical integrity;
- monitors and enforces compliance with gaming-related legislation ;
- conducts independent and joint research projects;
- performs responsible gaming education and policy oversight functions; and
- provides policy advice on current gaming activities and emerging issues.